10 Common Reasons Why Your Ricoh Printer Does Not Print
We have all had that feeling, you are ready to leave the office, you grab your coat, you go to your Ricoh printer and there is nothing but a blinking light… Now what?!
If your Ricoh Printer is not printing, there are 10 common reasons why with simple solutions:
- Check to see that the power cord is securely plugged into the wall outlet and printer. Turn on the power and check the status of your printing job.
- Online Indicator. If the online indicator does not say on, press the [Online] key to activate it.
- Red Alert Light. If the red alert indicator is staying and/or flashing red there is an error with the machine. Check for an error message on the Ricoh printer’s dashboard and take the required action to correct the problem.
- Double check the paper tray to ensure that paper is still there, if it is empty load paper into the paper try or onto the bypass tray.
- Print Configuration. If you are still having trouble with your printer, try to print a configuration page. If a configuration page cannot be printed, this is an indication of a malfunction in your Ricoh printer. Contact your service representative.
- Interface Cable. Check to see that your interface cable is securely connected to the printer and your computer. Look for a fastener to help with security. Also make sure that you are using the correct interface cable; depending on your computer, there are different interface cables that are compatible with the Ricoh system. Be sure that you are using the right one and that the cable is not damaged or worn. All port connection settings should be checked for accuracy.
- Data In. Look for a blinking or lit “data in” indicator on the printer after sending your documents to print. If this light is not lit or blinking, the data is not being sent to the computer. This could mean there is an interference with your network connection (contact your administrator to address) or the interface cable (refer to number 6).
- Wireless LAN Signal Strength. Look for obstructions that could be affecting the signal strength when using the wireless LAN and try moving to a location where the signal is good. Check the wireless LAN signal from the [Maintenance] menu on the control panel.
- Bluetooth. If you are using Bluetooth the signal strength could be affected. Try the following:
- Ensure the Bluetooth interface unit is installed properly;
- Check for obstructions between the computer, printer, and other devices;
- Change the location of the computer;
- And change the location of the printer.
- Last Resort. If your Ricoh printer will still not print after trying the above 9 common pauses causes of printer issues, contact your printer services representative. If you do not have a printer rep, try consulting a printer supply store for tips or possible options for your printing problem.