Maintenance is a critical part of your Konica Minolta Bizhub’s lifecycle. To check the status of your Bizhub parts or your Konica Minolta’s supplies, use the printer’s control panel to navigate to the:
- View Supplies
This screen will you give you an estimate of your current Bizhub parts and their remaining life-time.
If you need to replace the imaging unit for your Konica Minolta, complete the following steps or contact your Bizhub service provider:
- Open the front door of your Konica Minolta Bizhub by pressing the button on the right side of the printer.
- Use the handle to pull the Konica Minolta toner cartridge out.
- Locate the blue handle and gently pull the Konica Minolta imaging unit out of the printer.
- Unpack the imaging unit replacement and shake it. Be sure to remove all packing material from the imaging unit.
- Use the arrows to align the imaging unit before inserting into the printer. The side rails of the Bizhub imaging unit should match the arrows on the side rails inside the printer.
- Reinsert the Bizhub toner cartridge.
- Close the front door of the Bizhub printer.
CAUTION: When replacing a Bizhub imaging unit, do not expose the new imaging unit to direct light for more than 10 minutes. Light exposure could affect the quality of the imaging unit and its quality of printing. Also, when removing the Bizhub toner cartridge, DO NOT TOUCH THE PHOTOCONDUCTOR DRUM. Touching the photoconductor drum could affect the quality of future printing.